Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm What?!?!


Here is the story about how we found out I was pregnant -

On Wednesday February 9th I was having a pity party for myself because it was my birthday, Scott was in Las Vegas for work, and I was alone. I was looking at my calendar at work figuring out when Scott got home when I realize "um, I am a week late". For the next 4 hours at work I was trying to calculate how that couldn't be. I mean, I am horrible with math so, of course, I just added, subtracted, multiplied or divided wrong. Right?!?!? I was in complete and utter denial. I went home and ate a pint of ice cream for dinner. It was my birthday after all I could eat whatever I wanted! I was the same way on Thursday, trying to figure out how I had some how added the days up wrong - this continued through Friday afternoon. By lunch on Friday I decided that I would buy a pregnancy test after work. I would only have to know for a few hours, if I was or wasn't for a few hours before Scott got home.

Um no one ever told me how expensive pregnancy tests are! I decided that since I was going to pee on this thing and then throw it away I was getting the cheapest one I could find and if needed I would come back and get another kind if I didn't like the answer.


Took the test and before the 2- minutes were up the + sign showed up. Huh - I guess I am pregnant! And then Scott's plane gets delayed! Are you kidding me!?!?! So around 11:00 Scott walks in the door and both he and I are exhausted. We sort of talked and then went to bed. I didn't want to tell him when I knew he was tired (aka - hung over).


At 6:30 Virgil and I get up and go downstairs. I am telling Scott as soon as he wakes up! The longest 3. HOURS. LATER! I hear Scott get up and go into the bathroom. I run up the stairs and both Virgil and I jump in the bed, patiently, NOT, waiting on Scott to come out.



When he comes out I tell him that I need to tell him something - I am pregnant. He gets this goofy grin and says really? and I just shake my head yes because I start hysterically crying. And I mean, not able to breathe, sobbing, snot coming out my nose, face contorted crying! Scott was just hugging me saying he was happy.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for y'all, Alex. Just think, by the holidays, you'll be living in paradise with a gorgeous bebe!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sniff....sniff....

    *wipes eyes.

    AWWWWWWWWWWwwwwww!!! That is a very lucky child who is joining your family :)

    ReplyDelete