Friday, April 8, 2011

Our First Final Four

After being apart for the past few weeks, Alex & I decided to take advantage of the Kentucky Wildcats’ Final Four run and make the trip to Houston. I vividly remember the past 3 UK Final Fours (1996, 1997 & 1998). I was in college and I thought… you know, it would be great to go one day. In fact, once I graduate, I’m going to the next one. Little did I know that it would take 13 YEARS for that to happen again. Of course, there was no way I was letting this chance pass by.



Obviously, it would be a great time seeing the Cats make a run at the Title, but more importantly, we would be able to see each other for a few days. So… I took the red-eye flight from Honolulu to Houston and Alex took the “Early A$$ Saturday morning flight” from Newark to Houston.

We took in the Semi-Final games on Saturday night (Go Butler…. Boooo UCONN). Ventured downtown to the Jamfest on Sunday to see Uncle Kracker & Kenny Chesney in concert and lastly cheered for Butler as they fought against UCONN on Monday night in the Finals.


Although the Cats weren’t able to bring it home, we were able to watch great basketball (at times), meet up with one of Alex’s good friends AND….. See Kenny Chesney in Concert.





All in All… Not a bad way to spend a few days with the best looking Kentucky Fan I know.

1 comment:

  1. AWWwww...awesome! Sounds like a great couple of days, & so nice that you guys were able to see each other :)

    ReplyDelete