Sunday, February 20, 2011

Believe the Skype!!!

As our (my) travels have increased over the past month, Alex & I have been spending more time apart than normal. So to help with seeing each other, we’ve turned to Skype. I know somewhere my work is screaming that Adobe Connect is the way to go, but right now Skype seems to be working great. I mean, come on, Oprah loves it (“Myyyyy Faaavvvoooorite Thiiiiiings!!!” **Oprah Voice**)…

Alex and I found that the time zone difference made it a bit challenging, but I was able to log-on early (very early) in the morning to chat with Alex. It allowed me to make sure Virgil is being taken care of too. I must say it eased the difficulty of being away to see Alex and the pets during the week.

Now don’t think that we’re only saving Skype for our conversations though. In fact, I’ve used it a few times to chat with Mom & Dad back home in Kentucky. And if you’re wondering how easy it is to use… Mom would attest to the fact that we got everything up and running in a matter of minutes. Finally, the true test of Skyping came this afternoon as Alex & I were able to chat with our friends Casey & Kelly Mudd (Muda & K. Muda). And by chat… I mean a 2-hour conversation that covered topics such as planning a Vegas vacation, our Hawaii move, the pets and even the final laps of the Daytona 500. There was even a rumor that Alex and Kelly have scheduled an Oscar Watch Party over Skype for next Sunday… stay tuned for more details on that.

So, we’ve found that regardless if you only want to quickly catch up or if you’re looking to critique celebrities on the Red Carpet… Skype is a great way to go.


Download, Log-on and join us… ScottyMc22 (me) & asilvergoose (Alex).

No comments:

Post a Comment