Saturday, February 12, 2011

Check!




Scott and I crossed one more item off our New Jersey Bucket List! Sandwiches from RU Hungry Grease Truck. I ordered the Fat Cat and Scott ordered the Fat Darrel.


Fat Cat - Double cheese burger, french fries, lettuce, tomato, mayo and ketchup


Fat Darrel - Chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, marinara sauce, and french fries


I can totally see why people LOVE these sandwiches. We overheard one girl say as she was leaving “time to go home, eat, and lay in bed all day” So true! Full belly nap is calling my name.


To give you an idea of what we just ate - I found this quote - "Dietitian Marcus Garand has pointed out the Fat Sandwich's general unhealthiness: a Fat Darrell, has about 1,718 calories, 143 grams of carbohydrates and 78 grams of fat. Garand stated, "This sandwich is like a nutritionist's worst nightmare. I couldn't figure out a way to make it any unhealthier. ... This is probably the unhealthiest sandwich you could ever devise."


But sooooo good!

1 comment:

  1. Well.....that's why they don't call it the SKINNY, HEALTHY sandwich, and why hundreds of people go to those trucks!!! They even had knock-offs at our local pizza shop :)

    BTW, thank you for making me feel better about my cheese steak I had for dinner!

    ReplyDelete